Forum Thread: STUMBLEUPON.COM WEIRD, STRANGE, AMAZING SITES TO VISIT

HEY CHECK OUT STUMBLEUPON.COM CREATE A PROFILE AND SEE SOME OF THE MOST WEIRD, ASTONISHING, AMAZING, COOLEST, MOST INCREDIBLE AND JUST STRANGE SITES ON THE INTERNET, VISIT SITES YOU RARELY WOULD IF EVER SEEN. THANKS STUMBLEUPON!

STANDP~"AVID PC ENTHUSIAST SINCE 1982..."

http://www.stumbleupon.com/

8 Responses

I've spent hours on stumbleupon. The problem is I only seem to glance at a page real quick then I'm off to the next one. I mainly stick to reddit for my social bookmarking.

Well I suggest You try the new Firefox V4+ and add the add-on "TooManyTabs" (so long as You got a few GB memory ) I currently have over 60 web links (mostly personal webpages and things I do online ) but it's so swift and nice to utilize with FF v4+ i can't live without either now that I am spoiled... Anyway FYI, So You can possibly improve Your online experience, CheerzZz...!

SURE BUT IF YOU INSTALL THE NEW GOOGLE TOOLBAR, YOU CAN USE THE AWESOME GOOGLE BOOKMARK'ing  FEATURE TO SAVE ANY AND ALL WEBSITE LINKS!!! I use it avidly and have close to 2,000 weblinks saved and organized wiff it.... "INDESPENSIBLY AWESOME!!!"AND THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE FORM ANY PC BROWSER AND OR EVEN MORE CONVIENTLY ACCESSIBLE WHEN GOOGLE TOOLBAR IS INSTALLED ON THAT PC, REGARDLESS ACCESS YOUR BOOKMARKS VIA GOOGLE.COM AS WELL TOO...!!! -=8^)~(^8=-

I find the same thing from the other point of view. As owner of a website, I occasionally see a sudden surge of visitors on some page of my website from stumbleupon - 10 times normal. My statistics show they visit only that one page, don't go anywhere else on my website, and don't stay long. They also don't click on ads. A quick glance and they're off to the next website.

Yes ah yes, well gotta gear online sites to what is most popular You know. Like here not much traffic, Yet take a look at what's searched for the most and what the majority of people wanna see. Gear it toward that and You got a money maker!

I use "SimilairSites" sidebar also helps me to find things more. and along with a data tracker like:

http://www.google.com/insights/search

We can gear websites/ webpages toward what people want most if You so choose to giving a much better chance of success rates. What do you think?

Unfortunately what's most popular is not always something I'm interested in myself and if I'm going to spend a lot of time making high quality content, I want it to be something I'm very interested in. I make enough on my website to cover its costs plus some extra, not enough to live off. But I'm okay with that. That's just my personal preference by the way.

Thanks for the google insights search link. Looks interesting and I'll have to spend some time with it.

Yes, well glad I could help.

Well, I try to stick to things on the web that both entertain me, and that I can add my creativity to, so even if this 'World' goes bankrupt in the active user department, I can still show my local friends the things that I created, and they can utilize them as well, because contrary to popular belief "Not Everyone Is active on the internet" Anyway even the simple may be put by the wayside and forgotten. For example the video i just posted on "Windows 7 how to burn a Movie or Data Disc" it's so simple and easy, yet most people use programs like Nero to do the same job. The various ways to burn discs can sometimes confuse people, so anyway this simple video works for movie 'files' and data discs, yet not for ripping movies from dvd, for that You would need something like 'Magic DVD Copier'...

zZz.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active